1. Astringent 2. Here she was thinner, and going unripe, astringent. 3. Sharply incisive; pungent. 4. As the game of tug-o-war grew to an end, the rope grew very astringent.
1. Appertain 2. Natural rights are those that appertain to man in right of his existence. 3. Appertain [def]: to belong as a part, right, possession or attribute. 4. His knowledge of the game grew to the point where any question regarding the NBA would appertain to him.
1. Pettifog 2. Marius, my boy, you are baron, you are rich, please don’t pettifog, i beg of you. 3. Pettifog [def]: to bicker or quibble over trifles of unimportant matters. 4. Instead of arguing over important matters, my friends and I are pettifog in our discussions.
1. Bespeak 2. Let the crooked flower bespeak its purpose in straightness- to seek the light. 3. Bespeak [def]: to show; indicate 4. I was forced to bespeak my hard work in order to show the professor I was not the lazy student he thought I was.
1. Cordate 2. Despite their strong and interlinked root structure, the actual flower were of a lowly order, though, canted towards the sun, they attracted the cordite butterflies. 3. Cordate [def]: heart shaped. 4. While laying and watching the sky, cordate clouds were formed and capped off a perfect Valentine’s Day.
1. Cacography 2. The letter was marred by cacography and poor punctuation among other flaws. 3. Cacography [def]: Bad spelling; bad handwriting. 4. Because of the advances in computer word processing, my work has much less cacography.